The Sound of Music, Salzburg Festival, and Mozart, the famous prominences of the world heritage city of Salzburg. Art and culture, forts and castles, gourmet restaurants and traditional Beisel, and the whole town contributes to an impressive work of art the city of Salzburg. Discover this contemporary and creative city, despite its many historical backgrounds!
Attractions in Salzburg
- Salzburg Cathedral - Salzburger Dom
Alster early Baroque monument of the Alps.
- Fortress Hohensalzburg - Festung Hohensalzburg
The fortress Hohensalzburg, the landmark of the Mozart city, is the largest fully preserved fortress in central Europe.
Located in the center of Salzburg gives this place its special character to the Mozart monument.
- Festival Halls - Festspielhäuser
Main venues of the annual Salzburg Festival, at the foot of the mountain monk, in the so-called festival district.
- Capuchin Monastery and Mount - Kapuzinerberg und Kloser
Salzburg's highest mountain.
- Mozart's Birthplace - Mozarts Geburtshaus
in Getreidegasse No. 9 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born.
- Residence Gallery Salzburg - Residenzgallerie Salzburg
The gallery contains a collection of Salzburg, which follows the tradition of baroque aristocratic collections.
- Linzergasse and Getreidegasse
A centerpiece of the old town, which by its originality and impressed known as a popular shopping streets are.
- Museum of Natural History - Haus der Nature
Museum of Nature and Technology, an aquarium with 40 display tanks
- Sound of Music Tour wth Panoramatours
Book the Original Sound of Music Tour to enjoy the magic of foreign times!
Plus: varouis tours in and around Salzburg you can see here.
- Jedermann from July to September
- Summer scene June to July
- Salzburg Festival July to August
- Culture Days in October
- Salzburg Music Festival in November
- Jazz fall from October to November
More events can be found at www.salzburg.info
Tickets available at, among other things www.oe-ticket.com
Image sources: http://www.salzburg.info/de/service/gallery